It might feel different from your school back home.
1. Each Day Counts
- Expect daily homework & weekly tests, not one huge exam at the end of the term.
- Hand in your homework every day and study for the weekly tests.
- Do not skate all term and then prepare for a big test at the end. It might not happen.
2. Ask Questions
- Don’t understand a concept?
- Most profs in the West want to be understood. So raise your hand and ask what it means.
- “There is no such thing as a dumb question.”
3. Give Opinions
- Think you might have something worth stating in class?
- Study up on it. Get your ducks in a row.
- Raise your hand, and tell the class what you think.